I’ve been following a few of my favorite food bloggers (Hi, My Heart Beets!) and there seems to be a new gadget in town. I’m not one for multiple kitchen-y things clogging up my cupboards, but after reading about all these delicious recipes I couldn’t wait to get my hands on my very own Instant Pot. I found the best price on Amazon, and after doing a bit of research, decided on this model.
And you guys – a couple of hours ago my Instant Pot arrived! I immediately opened it up and started washing the parts. There was no way that I could wait to test it out. It was surprisingly simple to throw just a few basic ingredients into the pot and a short while later – bam! The most flavorful, fork-tender pork ever!
To be honest, I’m not a huge fan of pork loin because it dries out so quickly in the oven. Which is unfortunate as it’s a healthy cut of pork and seems to always be on sale at my local grocery store.
I tossed just a few basic ingredients into the Instant Pot and less than an hour later I was plating up an awesome dinner. Here’s what I did:
Instant Pot Pork Loin Ingredients:
- Pork Loin – 2-3lbs
- Medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 large carrots, chopped into large 2-inch chunks
- Salt and pepper, to taste (I used 1 tsp Kosher salt and 1/2 tsp pepper)
- Garlic Powder – 2 tsp
- Paprika – 2 tsp
- Thyme, dried – 2 tsp
- Rosemary, dried – 1 tsp
- 1 cup chicken stock, water, or white wine
- Parsley – 1 tsp finely chopped, totally optional
- Oil (I prefer Avocado oil, but any oil with a high smoke point will do)
Instant Pot Pork Loin Directions:
- Turn Instant Pot to the “Saute” setting. Drizzle about a tablespoon of oil in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- While the Instant Pot is heating up, slice onions and chop carrots. Set aside.
- Massage salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika into pork, and place in Instant Pot. Sear for 2-3 min on each side until nicely browned.
- Pour in stock or other liquid around the pork, and using a wooden spoon, scrape up any browned bits. (mmmm flavor!).
- Sprinkle rosemary and thyme onto pork and top with carrots and onions.
- Turn to the “Meat/Stew” setting and “High Pressure” on the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Set the timer for 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, use the “quick release” function to let the steam out.
- Take out pork, slice, and arrange on a platter. Using a slotted spoon, place carrots on platter. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. (Totally optional but I love me some garnishes…)
- The liquid left in the Instant Pot makes an AWESOME sauce. You might like it as is, but I like to thicken mine a bit and concentrate the flavor…so as I was slicing and arranging the pork onto a platter, I clicked on the “Saute” feature to cook down the sauce. It was perfection!
My first attempt at using the Instant Pot was huge success. Slow cookers often turn meat to mush, and ovens often dry out meat and take for-ev-er. Traditional pressure cookers are scary and intimidating. That’s why I’m so happy I found the Instant Pot. Seriously, best decision ever. I know you want one for yourself….
Here’s the handy link: (Please note – this is an affiliate link. You can use this link to purchase this product at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting this site!)