Tonight is the night. Season 7 finale of Game of Thrones. Part of me can’t wait. The other part doesn’t want the finale to be over because that means another year until the next (and last!) season. Game of Thrones is a big deal in our house. It’s pretty much the only show we watch. And we make a HUGE deal out of it. We tuck the little one in bed. We light candles (for the night is dark and full of terrors…) We turn off our phones. We change into comfy clothes. We pour some glasses of (Dornish) red wine. And we always make a special snack. The snack is typically my husband’s world-famous guacamole and chips. Or sometimes Sansa’s Lemon Cakes. But for the season finale, I wanted something a bit more themed. (Because I’m a huge nerd.) Enter: Fiery Deviled Dragon Eggs
I used to struggle with making hard boiled eggs until I came across Alton Brown’s method. If you’ve never used his recipe, then you know nothing. It’s stupid easy to follow and fool-proof. You don’t mess with perfection. A girl is happy with how these turned out.
Fiery Deviled Dragon Eggs Ingredients
This recipe serves two as a snack. Feel free to double or quadruple as desired.
- 4 hard boiled eggs, shells still on
- Food coloring (totally optional but totally fun!)
- 1 jalapeño (half minced, half sliced) Feel free to omit these if you’re serving your little wildlings and want to keep it mild.
- 2 T mayo (or sub plain yogurt)
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp dill relish
- 1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce (again, feel free to omit)
- pinch of black pepper
- Large coffee cup or small bowl
Fiery Deviled Dragon Eggs Instructions
- Roll the eggs around on the counter until the shells are cracked but still attached to the shell.
- Mix food coloring into water and place in a large coffee cup. Put the cracked-shell eggs in the water. Pour yourself some Dornish wine. Light some candles, double check that little wildlings are asleep.
- Pull out eggs and peel off the shells. You should be left with a neat design on the eggs.
- Admire your creativity.
- Place mayo, mustard, relish, hot sauce, black pepper, and minced jalapeños into a small bowl.
- Slice eggs in half and scoop out the yolks. Add to the bowl and mix it all up.
- Spoon mixture into eggs and garnish with paprika and sliced jalapeños.
- Eat. Mmmmmmmmm.