Christmas in Columbus: A Family Adventure
I don’t know about you, but I just LOVE a good scavenger hunt. So does my family. It’s such a fun excuse to get out of the house and off on an adventure. I recently put together a holiday scavenger hunt for my little one and wanted to share. It’s a great way to get in the holiday spirit.
Want to join in? GREAT, let’s get started:
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is as follows:
- Before starting out on a big mission, you’re going to need some fuel. You have options here. If you’re in the mood to cook, make your family’s favorite breakfast. Need some ideas? Our family favorites include fat and fluffy pancakes, Belgian waffles, or even a quick cinnamon roll! If you’d rather skip the extra work and go out for a meal, some of our favorites include Scrambler Marie’s (we love their silly pancake faces!) North Star Cafe (their warm biscuit with jam is fantastic) or Delaney’s Diner (try the conewich!)
- Once you’ve fueled up, you’re ready for the first challenge. Bundle up, head out and keep your eyes open for the following items. Once you find something you like, snap a photo. Get creative! I’d love to see what you find, so post your pictures on Instagram using the hashtag #lalxmas so we can all follow along!
- Christmas train display.
- Christmas tree
- Something cozy
- Something red
- An indulgent treat
- Your final challenge is to perform a random act of kindness (RAOK) Use your imagination and have fun. Not sure what to do? Here are some of our favorite RAOK:
- We love surprising the people behind us in the drive through at Starbucks by paying for their order.
- Take a few minutes to snip coupons out of the paper and place them strategically in the grocery store for someone else to use. We also do this with extra coupons for restaurants where we are dining so we can give them to another table!
- If you see a parent who is struggling with little ones, give them a smile and let them know they are doing an awesome job.
- Decorate holiday cards to send to children who are hospitalized.
- Pick out and purchase a fun toy to donate to Toys for Tots.
I hope you have fun with your family, exploring Columbus and getting into the holiday spirit! Don’t forget to share your photos on Instagram with the hashtag #lalxmas so I can follow along!