Inside: 5 GENIUS beauty products for travel that I NEVER leave home without.
I’m a minimalist when it comes to travel because there’s nothing I hate more than being forced to check a bag. I’m a carry-on girl all the way!
So if I give up precious space in my luggage to an item, you better believe it has to be pretty special. I’m often asked what I like to pack on my trips, and so I thought I’d share these genius beauty products for travel with all of you.
My Favorite Hair Beauty Products For Travel
I’m super sensitive to bad hair days, because truth be told, I have a LOT of them. I have super fine, thin, limp hair, that frizzes up at the hint of rain. Normally, I used a myriad of products to help keep it looking halfway presentable. Something for volume, and something for shine. Something to help it hold a nice shape, something to protect it from heat, and something to spray it down in place. And that was when I wanted a nice blowout. If I was going for a more “natural” look, I used some gel, some leave-in conditioner, and some root lift spray.
Ugh. The minimalist in me would never let myself pack THAT much product for a trip, and the thought of multiple bad hair days in a row made me do some research on some multi-tasking products. AND YOU GUYS! I found the best stuff ever, and now it’s all I use, at home or on the road.
This product comes in a perfect 2oz tube for travel.
And here’s ALL the ways you can use it on your hair:
- On dry hair, a small amount allows you to tame fly-aways and add some fabulous shine, like a leave-in conditioner and smoothing balm.
- On wet hair, apply product and comb through evenly. Then, blow dry using a round brush for a voluminous, sexy blowout! The product also offers heat protection up to 450 degrees!
- Or, for a more textured, deconstructed look, allow hair to dry naturally and apply product to ends and scrunch for a nice waves, or smooth deconstructed curls without frizz.
So…to recap, this one tiny tube of product replaces a leave-in conditioner, smoothing balm, heat protection, blowout gel, root boost, texturizer, AND anti-frizz serum.
HOLY COW. Is this a miracle in a tube or what? Also…it smells like heaven. You’re welcome.
This is another amazing multi-tasking product! I love that this spray comes in a convenient 3oz travel size.
- On damp hair, spray and scrunch for beautiful, frizz-free waves.
- Or, spray on wet hair, comb through, and blow dry for flexible hold. Product provides heat protection up to 450 degrees!
- On dry hair, spray from 8 inches away to use as a light hold hairspray or finishing spray. Spray 2 inches away to use as a firm hold hairspray.
- Or, spray on dry hair and brush through to add some instant hold and volume
Amazing right? Between these two little products – you’re totally covered!
My Favorite Skin Beauty Products For Travel
If my hair is the bane of my existence, my skin isn’t too far behind. I’m blessed with super sensitive, combination skin. I can’t use heavy products or I break out. I can’t use lots of chemicals or I break out. After a lot of trying things and suffering through angry skin, I’ve finally found two simple things that work like MAGIC.
No more breakouts.
I found these a few months ago, and honestly, my skin has never looked better. I’m very excited to share this with you.
This is the only thing I use to cleanse my face. These little wash cloths are pretty special. Just dampen and wipe to remove all your makeup. These cloths gently and thoroughly remove oil and dirt from your skin. No soap or makeup remover needed! The only thing I’ve had a bit of trouble removing is waterproof mascara, but don’t worry – keep reading for a tip on how to do that!
To exfoliate skin and remove dead skin cells:
Wet cloth and squeeze out most of the water and then use to wipe across face. If you prefer more cleansing, and less exfoliation, keep the cloth more wet. These cloths do a better job of cleaning my face than ANY other product I’ve used.
When I first got a set of these, I was a skeptic. No way was my makeup coming off with just some water. But it did. After I used a cloth to wipe my face, I was impressed by how clear it looked. Then I soaked some toner on a cotton ball was stunned to see no additional makeup or dirt come off. That was the first time that NOTHING came off on my cotton ball. Sold!
For travel, I usually like to pack this set.
To clean the cloth after use, rinse in hot water. After several uses, if the cloth needs a deeper cleaning, dab with just a bit of soap on the cloth and scrub out in the hotel sink. This soap works great and I always pack this on my trips!
Remember how I told you I have crazy sensitive skin?
It’s true. So I’m super picky about which products I use.
Are you familiar with vitamin e oil? Besides being an vitamin our body needs, this oil has a ton of superpowers, like:
- A quick swipe on your lashes takes off even the most stubborn of waterproof mascara!
- A little dab of this on your face and you’ve got a great moisturizer, with no break outs!
- I also love to use this all over my body as a moisturizer – a little goes a long way and no need to haul multiple bottles of lotions and face moisturizers with you on trips!
- A little more of this oil smoothed over face at night time and you’ve got an awesome deep moisturizer
- It works as an antioxidant to fight free radicals that damage your skin.
- It minimizes dark spots, under eye circles, lightens scars, and PREVENTS WRINKLES.
And rounding up my list of my favorite beauty products for travel is the Z palette make up kits!
These kits are not just for travel, but also just to help me declutter/organize all my favorite makeup!
This sleek set comes with empty magnetic makeup tins, a small spatula and holder. You can either pop out the tins from your existing makeup sets and magnetically attach to the case, or use the spatula to just scoop a bit out into one of the empty tins to take with you. It’s so easy to do, and you can mix and match makeup types!
I love being able to customize my colors based on where I’m going because we take some pretty varied trips like that time we went Portland. Or off on an adventure with absolutely no itinerary….
In my travel kit, I have a complete palette of my most favorite colors. Everything from lip gloss, to lipstick, blush, eyeshadows, and even some highlighter and bronze. If I were to individually pack all of that makeup – it would take up SO MUCH SPACE. With this handy kit – everything I could want is in gorgeous kit.
Looking for more ideas to pack a light bag? Check out this guide for packing light while backpacking Europe!
So – what did you think of my favorite beauty products for travel? Is there a product I’m missing that you don’t leave home without?
If so, please share it in the comments!